Now that the federal government shutdown is over, things are beginning to get back to normal here in Washington.
Here are some of the events we’ll be covering:
● on Tuesday, the Center on Global Interest hosts a program on Russia-US relations with Ambassador Sergey Ivanovich Kislyak.
● Wednesday the Center for Strategic and International Studies sponsors a program on a new development agenda, with speakers including Deputy National Security Advisor for International Economics Caroline Atkinson.
● the American International Property Law Association holds its annual conference beginning on Thursday.
● also on Thursday, Rep. Karen Bass holds the latest in a series of breakfasts on issues relating to Africa – this time on eliminating barriers to trade. House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Ed Royce is among the speakers.
● the Center for Strategic and International Studies Thursday sponsors a program on Abenomics. Japanese Ambassador Kenichiro Sasae and Deputy Assistant Treasury Secretary for Asia Robert Dohner are on the panel.
● Friday, the Washington Foreign Law Society and Perkins Coie sponsor a program on US export controls reform with Assistant Commerce Secretary Kevin Wolf.
See you there!