Here are some of the events we’ll be covering this week:
● Monday, Secretary of State John Kerry addresses the Organization of American States on US relations with Latin America.
● The Washington Space Business Roundtable holds a discussion on the impact of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations with speakers including Commerce Assistant Secretary for Export Administration Kevin Wolf.
● On Tuesday, US Trade Representative Michael Froman and a host of other Administration officials speak at the Wall Street Journal CEO Council annual meeting.
● Mr. Froman also participates in a program sponsored by the World Wildlife Fund.
● In Salt Lake City, TransPacific Partnership chief negotiators meet through the end of the week in hopes of clearing up some outstanding issues.
● Wednesday, the American Enterprise Institute holds a discussion on US-India relations with India Caucus co-chair Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas).
● The Senate Foreign Relations East Asian and Pacific affairs subcommittee holds a hearing on economic engagement in the Asia Pacific region. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Scot Marciel and Deputy Assistant Commerce Secretary for Global Markets John Andersen are among the witnesses.
● Also Wednesday, the Senate Finance Committee holds a hearing on the nominations of Sarah Raskin to be deputy Treasury secretary and Rhonda Schmidtlein to be a member of the US International Trade Commission.
● In Tokyo, Acting Deputy US Trade Representative Wendy Cutler leads the US delegation in the fourth round of US-Japan bilateral negotiations being held in parallel to the TransPacific Partnership talks.
● On Thursday, Deputy US Trade Representative Miriam Sapiro speaks to the Caribbean-Central American Action annual conference.
● The Senate Commerce Committee holds a nomination hearing on Arun Kumar to be assistant Commerce secretary for trade promotion and director general of the US Foreign Commercial Services.
● On Friday, Deputy Assistant USTR for WTO and Multilateral Affairs Dawn Shackleford discusses trade facilitation at Georgetown Law’s 2013 Academy of WTO Law and Policy.
See you there.