This is shaping up to be a busy week, that begins with a “stocktaking” meeting between the two principals on the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership and ends with the Agriculture Department’s annual two-day outlook conference.
Here are some of the events we’ll be following:
● On Monday, US Trade Representative Michael Froman and European Trade Commissioners Karel De Gucht begin a two-day stocktaking session on the status of the TTIP talks.
● Also Monday, negotiators in Geneva begin the 5th round of negotiations on the Trade in Services Agreement.
● Tuesday, the EU’s De Gucht discusses the latest developments on TTIP at the Atlantic Council.
● At the same time, USTR Froman is at the Center for American Progress to talk about the Administration’s trade agenda.
● Wednesday, Brazilian Ambassador Mauro Vieira speaks to the World Affairs Council.
● Also Wednesday, Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz addresses a National Press Club luncheon.
● On Thursday, the Agriculture Department kicks off its annual two-day outlook conference. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack and USTR Froman are among the speakers.
● The Advisory Committee on Commercial Operations of Customs and Border Protection holds an open meeting Thursday afternoon.
● Friday, the USDA outlook conference concludes.
Notice to our Readers: Washington Trade Daily has updated our website to provide some exciting new features, including direct links to our blog and weekly podcast. "What We're Covering This Week" will now be available on our homepage at http://www.washingtontradedaily.com.